(Have I opened a blog post with those words before? If so, I need a fresh opening... ducks and ducklings?? I dunno, but I digress.)
So, one of my new most awesome writer friends is Jaye Robin Brown over at Hanging on to Wonder.
She just bestowed upon me this super cool blog award: The Kreativ Bloger award.
This award comes with a price... ten juicy, tantalizing, titilating facts about me.
So... prepare yourself.
Okay, maybe I'm fresh out of tantalizing/titilating, but I can surely come up with something.
After blogging for over ten (!!!) years, I've done more "TEN THINGS ABOUT MEEE!!!11!!ONE ONE!!" posts than I can count, so without referencing any of the old ones, I'm going to come up with some fresh morsals.
I'm also going to use this as an excuse to knock out two goals with one post, by using this collection of words as a Blog Me MAYbe post for the week. WOOT!
Here we go. Ten things about me as a WRITER:
1. I wrote my book in several locations, but MOST of the words came out on my patio. I love it.
2. I can't have ANY sound while I'm writing. I really need there to be total silence. I worked in a coffee shop once without headphones and productivity bottomed out.
3. When I'm writing for myself, I have the worst grammar EVER. This coming from a person who is paid to teach grammar to middle school children. It's sad, really.
4. When I'm blogging/emailing/casually writing, I use so many (...)s and ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS and !!!!!! I'm sure that it does tons for my reputation as a serious writer pants.
5. I worried that the story I wrote in my first novel would be the only thing to ever come out of me... and then, like clockwork, on the day that I finished it up, I got the first bubbles of an idea for my next project.
6. I am 100% confident that I would not have finished writing my novel if it weren't for Scrivener. I wouldn't have been able to organize myself, due to my being an incredible NOOB.
7. I've been unable to do any reading while I've been writing. There are so many amazing books on my shelf, but my brain couldn't process doing both at the same time.
8. I'm going to my first writing conference: DFWCON in just 2 weeks! I'm so excited I could
9. I have a crush on a character in my book. AWKWARD.
10. I stole about eleventy billion of my husband's signature catch phrases for my book. He's gonna be SOOOO pissed. Hahaaa.
That's a little about me!
I'd love to pass the award on to a few people: