I have a blog?
So, my writing life got a little intense there for a while, and I subsequently fell off of the blogging wagon, rolled under the wheel, and got smooshed in the mud, narrowly escaping the clomping hooves of the wild horses dragging the damn thing.
|photo via TrueAmericanDog.com|
1. Write novel in, like, 3 months... because you're a crazy person who does crazy awesome things and ignores pre-determined timelines.
2. Decide to go writers conference 2 weeks before it opens its doors.
3. 2 days after the conference, reach the finals of an online writing/critique contest you entered.
4. Reach the end of the week with 12 (!!!) REQUESTED FULL MANUSCRIPTS.
5. Allow brain to melt.
So, It was a pretty crazy whirlwind time for me, because I suddenly had a dozen brilliant agents who wanted to read my book.
It's been an awesome period of waiting and wondering. I've recieved some responses already -- some better than others, but overall, I feel very encouraged.
It's hard to resist the call of my MS... there are some edits that I've realized I need to make in order for the book to really, really shine, but I would like to get a few more of the agents' responses before I begin, so in the meantime... I wait.
But, as they say... patience is a virtue.
... Not a virtue that I have personally been blessed with, but a virtue nonetheless.
Anyway, I have some brilliant new CP/writing buddies, and they're on the VLOG train, so I thought, to keep us busy, I'd come up with a vlog quiz for my writing friends to do.
Check it out, and be sure to let me know if you complete it! I'll be back with mine in a few days! :)
1. What is the first thing you remember writing?
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
3. What is your favorite/least favorite word?
4. What types of scenes are the easiest for you to write?
5. Tell us something random/surprising/not-on-the-page about a character you've written.
6. How do you pronounce "query"?
7. What setting is the most inspiring/productivity inducing for you?
8. What job in publishing is the most interesting to you, other than being a writer?
9. Which author inspires your work the most?
10. Do you have lines/passages from any book memorized? What are they?
11. Anything else you'd like to add!